Wednesday, January 04, 2006

welcome to the undernest


The owner of this computer has a perfectly good blog elsewhere, but he has no idea that I sneak in late at night and use his system. Why do all that ranting and roaring and crap with content management, when I can push the work room door softly shut - kerlick - and log onto Blogger? Easy peasy.

They think the dog is guarding them, but she is really my friend, not theirs.

Image comes from 'Mankind Beset by Devils' by Hieronymus Bosch, here. From the length of the snout, I think he had found one of the Stickybeak mob, who knew my uncle when he was living with lepers in Germany. They are a handsome clan, though our armour is better.

Now that I am started, I can't stop telling you that Snorri was actually Snorri Sturluson, a thirteenth century Icelandic historian and political leader who wrote the Heimskringla. After falling into an ethical mess in violent times, he was murdered in his home.

Us goblins are allowed to choose our own names when our fangs first run with the legendary 'itchyslime', which makes fighting us such an unpleasant experience for months afterwards. You can probably see why the name was attractive to a young goblin who sees both the grandeur in life, but also the pleasures of sneakiness and mean minded revenge.

Yummy trouble to the lot of you!

6 Comments:

Blogger TimT said...

Is that you, Mr T?

At any rate, I like the Norse theme on your blog so far. The sagas and Norse myths are one of my hobbies.

9:27 AM  
Blogger snorri the goblin said...

I have a little home in the furry stuff around the hot water system of the person you are speaking of. I have a temporary bolt hole underneath his tax records, which he neglects shamefully.

He tells people that something bit him when he opened them. His accountant mocks him for this, says it was the most pitiful excuse he had ever heard for avoiding his social responsibilities.

Me and the dog know he is telling the truth.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Brownie said...

I recognise that nose.
and the phraseology.
best not to have said you were lurking under the other's radar.
bon voyage though.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Brownie said...

I have just come from Jellyfishonline where you let the dog out of the bag. but I won't tell anyone.

I have a blog which is going to be a documentary by Bruce Goodison a BAFTA nominee (brag brag ) (brag) KangaRue

11:40 PM  
Blogger Mao the Burmese Cat said...

I thinkst I have starts a trend.

Sjust that non-simians blogging twood seem to be on the rise. Superiors creatures like cats have taken over blogst from their simians, Kitty browns is a good 'zamplesmuss.

I am REALLY hungry. Not enough casserole.

I know who you ares to cos dad says he metst you and dranks with you and you are kinda like a goblins in person.

Thatst ok, goblins are no worse looking than hUmans.

Linkst and loves me, and I shall promtlys linkst you back!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mao the Burmese Cat said...

It is GOOD it is GROUSE!

*purrs*

You lovest me unlikes baldy and longhair who hast brought home another cat.

I shall linkst you forthwith!!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home